This comprehensive course in bartending & mixology includes all aspect of the bartending 'Drinks & Preparation' course, along with comprehensive seminars on spirits, liqueurs, wine, beer, plus classic & signature cocktails taught in a fully-stocked bar using real alcohol.
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW THE FULL CURRICULUM
- Full-Day Classes: Monday - Friday / 9am - 5.30pm (1-week)
- Afternoon Classes: Monday - Friday / 1.30pm - 5.30pm (2-weeks)
- Evening Classes: Monday - Friday / 6pm - 10.30pm (2-weeks)
- Full-Day Flexible Schedule: Monday - Friday / 1.30pm - 10pm (1-week)
- For flexible schedules: (weekends, mornings, afternoons, evenings) please make an appointment, call 212.768.8460, or click on the 'VISIT' icon in the title bar.
ONLY the 'Application Fee' ($60) is required upon checkout; the balance of $639 is due prior to the start of class. Payment policies & refunds are covered in the school's 'Catalog' available prior to checkout. A copy of the catalog is is also attached to your registration fee email confirmation.
- Bar Tools, Equipment and Bar Set-Up: 3-bay sinks, speed racks, glassware, shakers, blenders, jiggers, pourers, soda dispensers, beer system, ice machine, etc.
- Drink recipes & preparation: highballs, rocks, classic cocktails, signature cocktails, shaken, stirred, muddled, hot, cream, shots, layered, tropical, frozen.
- Garnish preparation, mixes, syrups, bitters.
- Opening/Closing Procedures, POS Register Procedures & Customer Service.
- Comprehensive spirits, liqueur, wine & beer & classic/signature knowledge/tasting & service.
- Modern Mixology
Students must pass a written & practical exam to graduate. There are no fees for exam retakes.
ADDITIONAL PRACTICE & REFRESHERS – Although the minimum curriculum hours to graduate is 40-hours, students may take as long as they need, at no additional fee. In fact, even when they graduate they still have unlimited practice time, access to free refresher courses, industry seminars, and guest bartending gigs. Once you become part of the NYBSchool family – you will always be family!
Bartender-Mixology graduates have access to our mixology job site listings, one-on-one resume assistance, and special event bartending gigs through A-List Event Company.
Full-Day Accelerated (1-week): Monday-Friday, 9am-5.30pm (40 hours). Plus unlimited practice.
Mornings (2-weeks): Monday-Friday, 9am-1pm (40 hours). Plus unlimited practice.
Afternoons (2-weeks): Monday-Friday, 1.30pm-5.30pm (40 hours). Plus unlimited practice.
Evening (2-weeks): Monday-Friday, 6pm-10pm (40 hours). Plus unlimited practice.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES are available to all bartender-mixology students. They also have unlimited practice time and exam retakes. Students can takes long as is needed to become a knowledgeable & efficient bartender!