Hospitality Beer Server 101 (Free to NYB Students)
An introductory class in hospitality beer knowledge, service and tasting. Covers the basics of beer-making, styles of beer, glassware, keg beer, pouring beer and changing a keg.
Tuition: Free to current New York Bartending students
The Hospitality Beer Server Certification (HBSC)
Hospitality Beer Server Certification (HBSC)
Taught by beer experts the HBSC program was create specifically for hospitality professionals to promote correct beer service.
Knowledge & passion will increase both establishment's sales and bartender/server tips!
- Week 1 – Intro to Beer (history, brewing, craft beer 101)
- Week 2 - American Craft Beers (local-New York)
- Week 3 - Belgium and their brews.
- Week 4 - Biers of Germany.
- Week 5 - Beers of the United Kingdom
- Week 6 - American craft beers; East to West
- Week 7 - Seasonal & Specialty Brews
There will be 11 tastings each session (77 beers). Light food pairing included.
TUITION & SCHEDULES
- Full 7 week HBSC CertificateCourse: $420 (every Wednesday 6pm-8pm). 25% off for NYB Graduates.
- Single Class (any 1 evening): $75 ($50 for NYB students).
- 3-class package: $200
- Group rates available and on-premise training. Call for details and rates. 212.537.5832